My View from the First Tee


Guest Blogger Kristie L Smith


Morning number three. Let me first say I am not a morning person and anyone who knows me, knows this. But duty calls. The 54 women golfers visiting us this week, to play in the Legends Championship Presented by Humana, don’t always have a choice to be (or not to be) morning people. The better you golf the day before the later your tee time for the next
round. That’s my kind of rewards system.

Steve Rondinaro sharing an
umbrella with Nancy Lopez
 
On Sunday morning the golfers and caddies are in good spirits despite being challenged by The Pete Dye Course at French Lick Resort the previous day. A Legends highlight for veteran anchorman and French Lick Resort marketing manager, Steve Rondinaro, is sharing an umbrella with Nancy Lopez before her first hole this morning. Did I mention it is raining and a good deal chillier than days one and two? So to recap: day three has rain, cold and I’m not a morning person. But it’s not about me.

As miserable as I am physically, mentally I am upbeat. I am at work on a Sunday. I’ve spent the last week with some of the world’s best athletes and nicest people. They go to work early or late; rain or shine; hot or cold with nary a peep. The reason we are here is for these ladies, the fans that support them and the company that supports so many of us.  On top of  Mt. Airie, all covered with rain, I found the good of the order and the order is good.