Spring Break ---Family Style

I have to admit it, I definitely have spring fever! Who wouldn't with these amazing temperatures?

My little family
These are the days when I wish I was in school, if for no other reason, just to be on Spring Break. Being the youngest of five, we didn't take elaborate Spring Break trips but instead amused ourselves with "mini adventures" close to home.

I can vividly remember one Spring Break when we went on a special trip to this place called French Lick. My father had won a free night in a HOTEL and this was a big thing for me and my four siblings. We packed up the family truckster and made the trek across the Ohio River. The ride only lasted an hour and a half but I felt like we were so far away.
French Lick Springs Hotel


The enormity of the hotel struck me before we even got inside. I was ready to make a beeline for the pool-that famous domed pool everyone talks about-but my mother had other plans. My brother was to watch all four of his little sisters in the room while mom & dad went to a welcome reception.


As we painstakingly watched the minutes go by (with suits on and towels in hand), we had no idea that my dad was throwing out his back in a limbo contest. Needless to say we never made it to the pool and our trip ended a lot sooner than planned.

Domed pool
All these years later who would have thought that I would get to "play" at the resort every day AND get paid for it. I guess that's my pay-off for having to work when I would rather be "Spring Breaking" it!

What's your favorite Spring Break memory? Share it with us, we would love to hear about your adventure to French Lick or beyond!

To book your next Spring Break adventure, check out our special packages. The longer you stay, the more you save.

Spring Break - A - Way Package

2 Night Stay and $100 Resort Credit

Book Now

3 Night Stay and $150 Resort Credit

Book Now

4 Night Stay, $200 Resort Credit and Receive 5th Night Free

Book Now

**Must Call 888-936-9360 to book the fifth night. Nights must be consecutive.